Translation update and blog subscription

(Source)

Just a short update to let you know that I'm slowly finishing my transcription of Vol 9 Ch 7. I feel like a broken LP, but I have to juggle a lot of deadlines lately, hence I have little time and energy to do the translation. But I understand how important these translations are for some readers (particularly during this weird era that we are currently in…), hence I hope the Universe will grant me the time and energy to resume the translation this week. I have 2.5 more pages (A4-sized pages, that is) to go for transcription, and I am usually quite quick to translate the chapter once I finish transcribing the Japanese scripts. 

Another update is the subscription to this blog. Google Feedburner has been phased out by 31 July 2021. I’m not sure if you get a notification about this post through your email or not, because I have tried to transfer your subscription to my Follow.it account. I keep your emails secret, by the way, because I also don’t like spams and I value your privacy. 

So anyway, just in case you come to read this post by chance, and you didn’t get a notification about this post through your email, would you be so kind as to re-subscribe through my Follow.it gadget?

Click the three horizontal bars on the upper left corner of this blog (the “burger” icon) and then scroll down until you see this one:




Enter your email and hopefully you will receive the notification when I finally release Vol 9 Ch 7 translation (which hopefully will be in about 10 days’ time).

Until then, take care of your precious selves. Stay safe and healthy.


Update 15 August 2021:

I still have less than three A4 size pages of Japanese script to translate. I should be able to finish that in 1-2 days (because I have a full working day tomorrow and Tuesday is also quite busy for me). Fingers crossed you'll be able to read Vol 9 Ch 7 by my Tuesday night (AU eastern time), or even in 24 hours. At any rate, just keep checking for the next two days for the new chapter! Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Comments

Kelly said…
I appreciate the time you have to translate, but you don't have to rush yourself. Take care of what you need to do first and take care of your health.
Kelly said…
I appreciate the time you have to translate, but please take of yourself and do what you have to do. I can wait.
Katie said…
Subscribed! Thank you so much! I may have missed this info, but may I ask if you are going to go back to Vol 7 & 8 to translate them as well? Also, is there a way to financially support your translations to some degree? This is such a great story and I'm happy to be reading it in English!
Ara said…
Thanks so much <3333 One of the most important things I look forward to in these unusual times.

Thanks so much for the translation and constant updates!!! <33333
Icha said…
Hi Unknowns, Katie and Ara, thanks a lot for the encouragement and understanding!

Katie, I will go back to volumes 7 and 8 but it will be a mixture of translations and summaries. Hence, there will be chapters and or sections I translate, but there will be chapters and/or sections that I will only summarise. For instance, I will translate short chapters of Ginji and Byakuya in vol 7. I'll also translate a chapter where Aoi sneaked into the palace jail to rescue Ōdanna in vol 7. I will also translate a dialog between Ginji and Ranmaru in vol 8.

However for other chapters, I will most likely summarise them to the best of my ability. Hence, it's not just one paragraph of summary per chapter; it will be like how I summarised vol 7 chapter 3.

I have some reasons for this strategy: First, I have limited time for translation. Second, I'm really getting worried about breaching copyrights here. The Japanese really respects copyrights... and I want to honour it while also letting English-speaking fans how amazing this story actually is.

So, anyway, I don't want to be sued (plus, I really really respect Yūma Midori Sensei for her work - and Laruha for his/her excellent artworks), hence I am trying to balance the amount of chapters I translate and those I summarise (summarising should not be considered a breach of copyrights, IMO).

For this last reason, I cannot accept any financial support, although I truly appreciate your offer (truly...). The best way to "pay" me is just to let other Kakuriyo fans know about this site, and also refrain from posting my posts elsewhere.

And of course, giving me nice comments like what you all have given me here is a very nice way to "pay" me. I truly appreciate it...

Unknown said…
I'm just going to bookmark your blog and keep checking in.
myeong-ie said…
Hello! After finishing Vol. 7 Ch. 3, I wanted to post a comment of appreciation before I take a break, shower, and continue binging your translations/summaries. ^^ I appreciate your work so much. As someone who briefly used to translate Korean videos by transcribing, translating then formatting subs, I can really appreciate the immense amount of work that you have put into translating a whole novel series! I can only imagine how much time, effort, and energy you have put in on your part. At least Korean uses a phonetic alphabet for its modern texts hehe--looking at the traditional Hanja, I can only imagine what having to transcribe Kanji and translate it is like (and within a cultural context, too wahhhh). Seriously, good job!

Recently, my country has gone into another lockdown, and reading this has occupied my free time not spent studying. Being able to receive the sense of warmth and adventure in Yuuma-sensei's story, through your translations, has really been a ray of sunshine in these bleak times. Not only this, but this is the first translation of a Japanese novel series that I have ever read--you have no idea how excited I was upon discovering this blogspot, especially seeing that it's still active despite the circumstances everyone is in at the moment.

I am so eager to continue reading! I hope you are doing well and that my appreciation for your work has come across as motivation (and not pressure). From one fan-subber to another: I hope your work gets more appreciation and that you continue to enjoy doing what you do~ (I certainly do hehe)
Icha said…
Myeong-ie, 안녕하세요!

My understanding from reading your message is that... I don't think you're a Korean, because you had to transcribe Korean videos before translating them, but 안녕하세요 and 감사합니다 all the same!

(CIIMW tho, if you're a Korean, my apologies...)

Yes, transcribing JP scripts is a hard work, because I have to do that from the hardcopy novel, but I learn a lot because of that. But that's also the reason it takes a while for me to translate this work...

I'm translating Volume 9 Ch 7 now and it will be at least 2 months before I come back to Vol 7 Ch 4, but at least I can get the most important bits done first for curious fans. Vol 10 Ch 5 which I will translate after Vol 9 Ch 7 contains the resolution between Aoi and Ōdanna, hence it's very important I translate it to the fans... fingers crossed I can make it on schedule, given my increasing workload...

But anyway, thank you so very much! I know no Korean at all other than some basic words, but I truly appreciate your presence! 감사합니다!
Icha said…
Oh, and about this one:

"I hope you are doing well and that my appreciation for your work has come across as motivation (and not pressure)."

I received it well, and I thank you for your appreciation, which I do take as motivation and encouragement.

Thanks a lot once again, Myeong-ie!
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the time and effort you put into this! I’ve been re watching the anime recently too can’t wait for the next chapter

Popular posts for the last 30 days

Kakuriyo volumes 6-11 summary… and a reflection

Kakuriyo Novel Volumes 7-11 Heavy Spoilers

Volume 12 List of Chapters