Volume 7 List of Chapters

Volume 7 cover, art by Laruha, story by Yūma Midori


Below is the list of chapters for the Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi novel Volume 7. I will add links to my translations for Vol 7 whenever I finish each chapter/section. Click here to find translations of Volume 6. Click here for the Chapter Index of the novel volumes 6 onwards. 


Volume 7

あやかしお宿の勝負めし出します

“I’m serving dishes that will determine our inn’s victory”


Description

Aoi manages a diner at Tenjin-ya, a well-established inn operated by the spirits. After the Autumn Festival ended with thriving sales, Aoi saw Ōdanna off to the Kakuriyo capital of Yōto. Later at home, in front of Aoi and friends who were waiting for Ōdanna’s return, the large ayakashi Raijū, who held a grudge against Tenjin-ya, appeared. Raijū had a sinister announcement to make: that the Oni King Ōdanna is never to return and Raijū is the new Great Master. The biggest crisis in the entirety of Tenjin-ya’s history!  Ginji and all employees are united and make a move. And then, in order to find Ōdanna, Aoi entertains guests with her food stall onboard of the Yōto-bound touring air ship.


List of Chapters (click the links if applicable to read the translations or summaries)

Chapter 1: The Night Flight (Part 1, Part 2)(in which the Tenjin-ya crew spring into action to rescue Ōdanna-sama)

Chapter 2: A Hidden World Night Chat (in which Aoi meets Ritsuko-san in Yōto)

Chapter 3: A Picky-eater Royal Child

Chapter 4: The Mystery of Yōto

Chapter 5: The Game of Tenjin Temari

Intermezzo 1: Ginji at Dawn

Chapter 6: The Winter Sky Soup

Intermezzo 2: Byakuya Recalling His Past

Chapter 7: Visiting the Imperial Palace

Intermezzo 3: Visiting Byakuya

Chapter 8: The Good-luck Meal


Chapter titles in Japanese:

第一話 夜間行飛 

第二話 隠世夜咄 

第三話 料理嫌いな御子 

第四話 妖都迷宮 

第五話 天神手鞠遊び 

幕間『一』夜明けの銀次 

第六話 冬空のスープ 

幕間『二』白夜懐古 

第七話 宮中参上

幕間『三』白夜参上 

第八話 勝負めし 


Comments

Wanderer_ay said…
Thanks a lot for posting the translations again. I stumbled upon your blog very recently after binge watching the anime. I am so happy that you started your translations again. I still think I will read all the spoiler posts cos I really have to know what happens between Odanna-sama and Aoi.
Keep posting!
Icha said…
Hi Wanderer! Yay! You found us!

It'll be a few months before I finish translating the next chapter in Vol 7, so I hope you are okay with that. Many ppl have read not just the spoilers but also other chapters that I've translated in the next volumes (cos I jump-translated to save time...). So, it's okay if you... you know, want to jump-read to know what happens between Ōdanna-sama and Aoi... totally okay! But if you want to wait, fingers crossed that I can finish Vol 7 Ch 6 quickly. It does look like a more speedier chapter to translate than the previous one...

All the best!
Wanderer_ay said…
Hi Thanks for your reply. I just finished reading all your posts. I totally agree with your post about how Odanna-sama's love for Aoi is so mature. The ending was also so mature where Aoi gets to finish her studies.
Nice to see that you are also a fellow Natsume fan. I came to watch Kakuriyo after I searched Anime Planet for shows similar to Natsume and Kakuriyo didnt disappoint. I still am waiting for more back stories of Natsume's grandma.
Have you seen Mushishi? I absolutely love Mushishi also.

I will stay with your blog. Now that I know what will happen (that all will be well) I can enjoy the adventures Aoi would have along the way much better. I really appreciate your jump translations. Keep going!
Icha said…
Oh, thanks a lot for reading all my posts, Wanderer, I'm honoured!

Yes, one of the things I love about Ōdanna is that he wants Aoi to grow, and he supports her growth all the way. Love his way of ensuring Aoi does what she wants, including finishing college. I hope I get to translate that chapter one day...

In fact, I think I'll translate a short story in the Laruha Art Book (also available in Vol 12) where Ōdanna-sama was visiting Aoi while she was finishing her uni degree. I blogged about it here:

https://kakuriyo-yadomeshi.blogspot.com/2022/08/laruha-art-book-and-surprise-short-story.html

I haven't watched Mushishi, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll put that on my list! I'm currently watching Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, which has a Kakuriyo vibe in a period European setting (and it involves food too, though it's sweets instead of washoku like what Aoi is doing). I love it and now waiting for the last anime episode.

Thank you for staying with my blog. I'll do my best to translate the next chapter before/by Christmas!

Popular posts for the last 30 days

Kakuriyo volumes 6-11 summary… and a reflection

Kakuriyo Novel Volumes 7-11 Heavy Spoilers

Volume 6 List of Chapters & Volume 1 Chapter 5 link