Season Two is coming in Fall 2025!!!

Season Two anime promo by Laruha 


Okay, time to go to a temple and pray for the successful production of Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Season Two! Cos... It's coming, Babe!!!

Thanks to some readers who alerted me about this news, I just learned that Gonzo and Kadokawa are renewing Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi Season Two for a Fall 2025 release date (the northern hemisphere autumn, that is). Huzzaaahhh!!! Our patience paid off! And I knew I could rely on you guys to update me with the latest news, haha!

In addition to giving enough time for the anime to be produced, hence the autumn release, the timing of the release might coincide with the story, because Vol 6 starts in autumn, and the feeling will just be super sugoi. I take it the last episode of Season 2 will happen around New Year, because that's when the main story of Vol 10 ends. 

Of course, I want some epilogues and the gaiden of Vols 11 and 12 to be included as short stories... but a Season Two of the anime that covers Vols 6-10 is good enough for me now!  

Credit to Crunchyroll for announcing it very soon yesterday in English, and I hope that this announcement means that the current Season 1 of Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi in Crunchyroll will gain more traction. 


Poster for Season Two of Kakuriyo (from the Kakuriyo anime Twitter account)


According to the Twitter account of Kakuriyo Anime (yeah, I still don't want to call Twitter 'X'), Season 2 voice actors for Tsubaki Aoi, Ōdanna-sama, and Ginji will be Tōyama Nao (東山奈央), Konishi Katsuyuki (小西克幸), and Toki Sunichi (土岐隼一), respectively, i.e., the same as Season 1. Other voice actors are still being lobbied, with the goal of having all original S1 voice actors recruited for S2. 

I hope Season 2 will have some major improvements, because, although Ōdanna-sama looks gorgeous in close-ups, many of his far shots left much room for improvement in S1. It was as if the illustrators didn't like Ōdanna-sama, not knowing that he'd actually be the real main male character in Vol 6-10, not knowing that Aoi would've died without his actions. 

Yeah, I can't really blame the sentiment, because the anime was published before the publication of Vol 10. But now, since we know that Setsu/Ōdanna-sama is the main male lead, we need to improve his animation too! He's such a noble character who deserves much better than the mediocre animation he occasionally received in S1.

(case in the point: I actually prefer Laruha's illustration - the one I put as the main image above - than the anime illustration - the second image above. Laruha captured Ōdanna-sama's oni nature very well there. Nevertheless, since Ōdanna-sama is actually a very kindhearted oni, the anime illustration captures that too. I just hope that he'll be illustrated in a much more handsome manner, because he is drop dead gorgeous!)

Ahem.

ちなみに、we fans were not the only one happily surprised with this announcement. Ōdanna-sama's VA Konishi Katsuyuki tweeted the following:


というわけで、引き続きよろしくお願いします🙇‍♂️

まさか2期が出来るとは、また皆んなに会えるのが今から楽しみです!!

And there you have it, thank you for your continued support 🙇‍♂️

Can't believe that Season Two is coming. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again! !


It's really unbelievable, come to think of it. This gorgeous story has a very very slow manga development, and I have no idea why the manga-ka has changed now* (I love Waka Ioka's style, actually! His Ōdanna-sama is so regal!). Therefore, entering Year 6 of the anime Season One, I was losing hope already that S2 was ever going to materialise. However, a month ago or so I realised that the Kakuriyo anime Twitter account is still active, with regular updates at that, despite having been around for six years already. I thought there's no way the Twitter account is still active if Gonzo and Kadokawa aren't planning S2 at the horizon... and I was right! Yay!!!


(Update 17 May'24: Apparently, international fans were instrumental in Gonzo's decision to renew Kakuriyo for Season Two, as per this Tweet:

世界中のファンの声に押されて2期が決定した

Season Two was decided based upon the wishes of the fans around the world


Yep, they used 'koe' or 声 which means voice, opinion or wish. Shall I interpret that we're noisy enough for Gonzo to pay attention to? Yay again!)


Anyways, just like all the cast and crew of Kakuriyo, herewith I'd also like to express my gratitude to everyone who has been accompanying me on this journey. It's been so satisfying to share the happiness of Kakuriyo with you, regardless of whether S2 was on the horizon or not. However, I do admit that the news of Season Two is just evidence of the power of hope! So, thank you once again!

By the way, I'm still working on Vol 12 Ch 13. I still have 10 novel pages to transcribe and then translate. Sorry I couldn't finish it last month, but real life's been quite busy. Fingers crossed I can finish it by the end of May (this May, I mean!). Oh, and I will definitely translate Vol 12 Ch 14, cos the story is about Setsu getting a really bad cold and Aoi nursing him. You just wait, my friends!

(and I really will go to a Shinto shrine or a Buddhist temple in Japan this coming June to pray for Season Two's success!)

神様、誠にありがとう存じまする!感謝しています!


Update Friday, 10 May 2024:

* So, apparently Waka Ioka is still working on the manga, and it's now (in Japan, at least) already in the Orio-ya episode where Nene caused Aoi's foot injury (it means, Ōdanna-sama is coming to Aoi's rescue soon, yay!). I need to write a dedicated post about these two manga-ka, but I'm still trying to understand what's happening. When/if I do, I'll write a post about it. For now, at least we'll definitely have Season Two, yay!

Comments

Hello Ichaa! It's been a while since I visit this blog. I hope you've been well!

Truly this news is such a good news and i screamed in joy last night seeing this announcement. I really hope that they will make the rest of novel as OVA/movie, because why not? 🤭🤭

I suddenly think if it was because sudden additional exposure they had since the anime was also distributed by Muse (both Asia and Indonesia), but all in all, im grateful.

And I do agree about Odanna's art haha, he's official the main guy so he deserves improvement~
Icha said…
水森、久しぶりじゃないですか!元気ですか?おかげで、私は元気です。

I am still giddy with excitement for this happy development!

(I'm actually listening to Odanna-sama's character song now as I type this, having listened to opening 1 and 2 of S1!)

I think it's combination of many factors that pushed Gonzo and Kadokawa to renew Kakuriyo for S2, but mostly due to the persistent fan requests. I just mentioned it last month or so while commenting on the previous post that the Kakuriyo Anime Twitter was still active even then (it's very active now due to the renewal), hence it must've meant that Gonzo and Kadokawa haven't given up on this story. I'm glad I was right!

Even Konishi Katsuyuki (Odanna-sama's voice actor) was quite surprised when he announced his excitement about this renewal on Twitter yesterday. I mean, when it airs, S2 is gonna be more than 7 years in the making since S1. That is quite long to wait for a sequel... but it's worth the wait!
Natalita said…
Im so excited!!! Can’t wait! And yes, I hope Odanna gets a lot more love.. will be waiting on your updates! Can’t wait to read the rest of the chapters! ❤️ thank you!
Terri said…
Hello Icha,

I'm ecstatic. I always hoped but never truly believed there would be a second season after so long. There usually isn't after this many years. I immediately texted my daughter. She loves this anime as much as I do.

We texted back and forth for about an hour and I'm sure we'll discuss it more when I go up to Buffalo in a few weeks for her college graduation. I usually keep a tab with your blog on it, but so much has been going on at home that I hadn't checked it until yesterday. I'm glad I did. That news made my daughter's and my day.

Thanks again for the work you do here. My daughter and I appreciate it. She doesn't always have the time to read it, but I fill her in when you make a new post.

Best Wishes
Terri
Icha said…
@Natalita: thank you for waiting! I have quite a relaxing weekend today, so I hope I can transcribe some more pages today. Vol 12 ch 13 is such a cute chapter because this is the first time Ōdanna-sama staying over at Aoi's place in Utsushiyo. I do think that vol 12 ch 14 is cuter because Aoi is nursing Ōdanna-sama, so I'll translate both! Will post vol 12 ch 13 first, of course, fingers crossed in 2-3 weeks' time!

@Terri: awww... thank you so much for keeping your daughter informed about any Kakuriyo news. Oh, and she's graduating soon? OMG, she's the same age as Aoi then at the end of Vol 10! (Aoi graduates from her uni at the end of vol 10, whereas vol 12 is about her reminiscing some olden days, including her pre-marital days (post engagement) in Utsushiyo.

Thank you!
I see! Of all things that happened in my life (which sadly, is filled with many difficult things), God really blesses us with this anime. it's kinda funny because i found the anime' 1st season on animax when i was at my lowest point too.

and konishi katsuyuki's tweet also made the happiness become 1000000000 times more apparent XD.

of course, since i diligently read icha's translation of the novel, i know that this season will be lit and i have to watch it at witching hour (2 - 3 am) so no one caught me sobbing or crying or both at certain scenes/arcs.

i hope many people will discover this anime and love it as much as we do <3
Icha said…
水森ちゃん、I totally know what you mean! The story arcs in Vols 6-10 can be very emotional, particularly in vol 9-10. I hope the anime stays true to the source, so that they can invoke those feelings properly. The KISSES in Vol 6 and Vol 10 better be great as well!

However, S1 is very close to the source anyway, so I do trust the creative team!

Popular posts for the last 30 days

Kakuriyo volumes 6-11 summary… and a reflection

Kakuriyo Novel Volumes 7-11 Heavy Spoilers

Volume 12 List of Chapters